Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Impromptu date nights = bliss

Can't believe it's Wednesday already....I am always amazed at how time flies. I'm so happy we're into February now and that spring is not that far off! I'm officially ready for flip flops and warm weather.

I got off of work at 3 PM today and came home utterly exhausted. I crashed into bed for a nap and when I woke up, it was almost 6 PM. Ethan had the day off of work today, and this morning he had taken my car in to get new tires, and he stopped and had it washed too. He's such a sweetheart like that... I kept meaning to get it washed and just kept forgetting to do it! Anyway, I asked him if he could take a break from studying and take some time together to go on a date night somewhere new. Thanks to Scoutmob here in Atlanta, there's a plethora of choices at 50% off. We decided on Fritti, and enjoyed the misto antipasti as an appetizer and Strachinella pizza. Delicious. It was so nice to sit there for a couple of hours talking. Of course, being in an Italian place made us think of our time in Europe, and we started discussing our next trip there, which will be in August for our 6th anniversary. So far we're planning on London, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Prague. We'd like to try to fit in Vienna and maybe Paris, but we'll have to see if we're able to time-wise! We've been to the beach somewhere in the world for our last few vacations, so we're ready for the Europe thing again. It will be our third trip to Europe together and my fourth. Love it...there is honestly nothing like it! My favorite part of traveling with Ethan is being WITH Ethan. Seeing new things together and sharing new experiences that are just for us and our memories. Being able to focus on each other with nothing else competing for our attentions. If we ever have children, we'll be taking a week every other year to go away just by ourselves. The years we don't go away for a week, we will go away for a long weekend every three months. We're fortunate that my family is so wonderful and understands the importance of parent-only time and is willing to support us by taking care of our children while we go off on our adventures.

Well....I'm off to do some research on our next European vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment