Saturday, February 5, 2011

So, tomorrow is the Superbowl! Go Steelers! I wish I could be in Charlotte with my family to watch it, but I'll just have to be there with them in spirit.

My week has been long and bordered on the side of difficult...I won't get into details, but sometimes in my profession there are inner struggles because as a parent, you would do things very differently than the actual parents. I constantly remind myself that these are not my children and that I just have to let it go, and someday I might get my chance to parent the way I think is best. I'm hoping that the next week goes better or is at least somewhat calmer....I'm sure it didn't help that I was fighting a cold all week and succumbed to it today. Why do I always have to get sick on the weekend? Why can't I get sick during the week? Haha. Oh well!

I'm going home to Charlotte the last weekend in February and am very much looking forward to it. In March I'm headed to New York City again for another long weekend with Phillip and Irene, and in April, I think we're headed to Disney World, Savannah, and then I'm going to Mexico for my weekend girls' trip. Lots of traveling going on the next couple of months....just the way I like it! Most importantly, it's giving me a break from work, which I need... I think if I make an effort to make sure to take one long weekend off every month, it will be better for me in the long run. :)

This coming week my goal is to get back in the gym consistently....I slacked off when the beginning of the month hit, and I think that's why I got sick. So I will MAKE myself go to the gym for at least one hour five to six times a week for the rest of the month, starting tomorrow. I know I can do it... I just need to give myself another kick in the butt to get back into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment