Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thank you God, for coffee....

So last night I came home from work and found that Ethan had run the laundry for me (I had forgotten to ask him, but he did it anyway!). I was so happy that it was done, so I folded it and put it all away. Laundry is actually my favorite chore....I think because I can see the results of it...a heap of unfolded clothes gets folded into piles and then placed in the correct drawer.... I'm type A like that. Haha. Then I went to the gym to get my workout in, had dinner, and tried to go to sleep in preparation for my early wakeup call today. It didn't work.

I didn't fall asleep until 11:30 (or later) last night... and the alarm this morning was like a punch in the face. I immediately developed a raging headache....dragged myself to work and went back to sleep on the couch. Thank god the kids didn't require my attention until 7:45 AM because I would have been in bad shape otherwise. As I was giving them breakfast, I noticed that there was coffee still left in the pot. I poured it into a mug, added skim milk and my truvia, and started drinking. Within an hour my headache was gone and I felt human again. I totally understand why moms drink coffee in the morning now. Completely. I have always sworn that I'm not going to be a coffee drinking mama in the future, but we'll see. I'm going to keep my options open on that one for SURE. Haha. I just don't like to be dependent on anything to keep me going on a regular basis and I see some moms guzzle it all day long...definitely don't want to be like that.

So the kids and I are hanging out until Ethan texts me...he took my car in for an oil change and some other services, and we're going to pick him up since he'll probably have to leave the car there all day. Since my bosses are out of town in the Bahamas for the day, they left the minivan for me to use with the kids. It worked out quite perfectly if I do say so myself. Next weekend I have a road trip to Charlotte, so he wanted to make sure my car was in tip top shape. It's one of the many ways he demonstrates his love and care for me. I'm a lucky gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment