Monday, February 7, 2011

C25K round three...

So, I decided I needed to ramp up my exercise now that the gyms have emptied from all the people who gave up on their New Year's Resolutions to lose weight. I usually kickstart my exercise routine around this time of year anyway since it gives me plenty of time to be happy with myself by May when the pools open. Running has been something that I've done on and off, and I honestly don't think I can really claim that I "run" because it's more of a forced jog. So I have decided to attempt to change that and am starting Couch to 5 K (henceforth known as C25k) again but I have set a goal to run at least 6 mph with the ultimate goal of 8 mph for the entire 25 minutes. It doesn't scare me like it used to because I've completed it twice and am fully capable of running for 25 minutes. But it's obvious to me that I don't push myself to reach past my limits, and that needs to change. No more of this putting forth the minimal required effort...that's my goal. Push myself!

I went through my closet and drawers today and filled up a big trash bag of Goodwill donations. I still have a LOT of clothes left, but it's so nice to have everything neatly organized again... I was putting away laundry and thought to myself, "Hm, it's looking kind of messy in here." An hour later, voila! I can't wait to welcome my new clothes (previous post) to their new home...haha.

This week, I started reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp....I recommend picking it up and reading it yourself. I won't really get into it in this post because I want to finish it before I post about it, but one of the things I have read that struck me was the following:

"Wherever you are, be all there."

Slow down. Be there in the moment. Stop hurrying. Savor life for what it is instead of constantly straining to see ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment