Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ever had the rug yanked out from underneath you?

That's kind of what today felt like....my part-time nanny informed me she's taking a six week leave of absence, Finn threw up all over my car today, and I have to be at work tomorow at 6 AM, which means I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning. Yowza.

First things first. My part-time nanny and I have had bumps in the road with our relationship, but nothing we haven't been able to overcome. I've been very accommodating to her needs, and she's gone away on several vacations for a week at a time here and there, and I've usually been able to secure backup so it isn't an issue. Due to personal reasons, she's taking a 6 week leave, and wants me to find someone to work temporarily so she can have her job back when she returns. However, I'm tired of this.... and I think she needs to be replaced by someone who is reliable and who I can trust to be there and not constantly be wondering if she's going to announce she's going out of town. So I've started looking for a replacement....but I only have 2 weeks until she leaves, and that's usually nowhere near enough time. This job is anything but easy and it takes a special kind of person to step in here and take the reins from me. Normally I would try to make things work, but my younger two go down for naps from 1:30-4ish, and Finn has to be picked up from school at 2:45. Then he has to be taken to taekwondo, and he was supposed to be going to swimming lessons, but I don't see how I'm going to be able to make that work.... there are just a lot of schedule conflicts. Not to mention, I don't want to be here until 7:45 PM every night. There are things I like to do....like be at home....go to the gym....have dinner with my husband, etc. So, keep me in your prayers ... I need to find a permanent replacement or a temporary 4 week replacement at the very least.

Now onto grosser things.... I went to pick Finn up from his great grandmother's, and she informed me that he'd gagged a little at breakfast and handed me two grocery bags for the car in case he threw up. So, we're driving on the interstate, and all of a sudden...yeah. Well, the bag overflowed. So the seat was covered in vomity goo that smelled like rancid strawberry yogurt (even though he didn't have any strawberry yogurt). It was so awesome. Not. I pulled off at a random exit and found a random free parking garage and grabbed my pack of diaper wipes and did the best I could. We changed Finn into his PJ's that he had worn the night before and got back in the car with the windows down. We got home and got him into a warm bubble bath, and when my part-time nanny came I took my car to get cleaned. My bosses pay for the car to be cleaned if that happens, which is nice. It still has a faint odor though, so I'm just going to put a cup of coffee grounds in my car and it should disappear within a few days. It's the best thing for getting yucky smells out of a car.

Tomorrow morning is a 5:30 AM wakeup call....my boss is an interior designer, and she has to fly with a client to the Bahamas to make a site visit for the house she is designing. It's the client's private jet, so they have to be at the airport by 7, which means they have to leave at 6.... yeaaaaah. I'm not looking forward to waking up that early, but it must be done. I'll survive!

So it's been quite the day. Serenity. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment