Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-anges....

I had a lot of fun with my husband this weekend.... we always have fun, but this weekend was especially memorable! I had the entire day Sunday off, and I went for a massage which was amazing. It really helped relax me since the last couple of months have been anything but. I came home, did the "housewifey" stuff and then when Ethan came home we went out to run errands... nothing too crazy. We ended up at IKEA and brought home a gigantic canvas art print of the Eiffel Tower to put on an empty wall in our house. Even though the loft is mostly furnished at this point, there are still some touches that are not yet done but we were just waiting to stumble upon that perfect thing...I will have to post some photos of it later! It's HUGE... taller than Ethan and I! We love it because Paris is one of our favorite places we've been and we can't wait to go back. There was also a really neat art print that was a map of the world... we're considering getting that as well and putting pushpins with red tops on all the places that we've been together! We'll see what happens. No rush. I'd like a kitchen backsplash first!

After IKEA we decided to head to Osteria for dinner since I wanted mussels in white wine sauce. We were seated and I placed my order, only to be told by the waitress they were out. I was disappointed and told Ethan I wanted to leave because staying there didn't appeal to me since there wasn't anything else on the menu that I wanted. As we were walking back to our car, we noticed this tiny little tequila bar tucked away behind the main strip of Virginia Highlands and we decided to go and eat there. We walked in and the hostess was someone we knew quite well, and the place was small and cute... so we stayed. Our hostess sent us over an appetizer of fundido and beef on the house which was DELICIOUS and we split an order of fajitas as well as an entire pitcher of sangria. It was one of the most fun evenings we've had out in a while since everything was completely spontaneous and unplanned, and it all worked out. When we returned home we put our canvas up on our wall and collapsed into bed.

Monday.... another workweek start. Ethan and I spent the night at my work and got up with Baby S during the night. Ethan is awesome with babies...he can diaper, feed, and comfort a newborn with the best of them. I could take the credit for training him, and I do somewhat, but he has a natural knack for it. We definitely have no rose-colored glasses syndrome when it comes to how the nights go with newborns and infants! He left around 7 this morning to go to the range to qualify with his weapons, and I worked until 6:30 and then left to get my hair cut. Now, I'm notorious for not cutting my hair for months. Once I went 8 months without getting so much as a trim. I have the good fortune of not suffering from split ends and my hair tends to grow out a cut pretty well so it doesn't look like it needs a cut. However, I was ready for a change as my hair was really long! I had 6 inches cut off, and am quite pleased with the result, as is Ethan. Ignore my workout outfit and iPod armband in this photo... I took the easy PhotoBooth way out. It was nice to do something for myself.


On Thursday I have a facial scheduled at BlueMed Spa, which is one of the top spas in the world apparently....I am excited to go! My boss gave me a gift certificate for one as one of my Christmas presents and as I've never had one before I thought I might as well use it! I also will be treating myself to a pedicure this weekend. I spend so much time taking care of everybody else that I sometimes let myself slip to the back burner... with my husband's encouragement and full support, I'm working on putting myself first from time to time. I swear I have "momitis" even though I'm not a mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment