Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another week begins....

So here we are, it's Sunday night, and I'm sitting here at my computer thinking about the week ahead. This past week was a 97 hour week... and this coming week is something like 106 when all is said and done...but who's counting? Moms work 168 hours per week with no pay, and I get overtime. So I don't have much to complain about.

Anyway, in light of the week I have ahead of me and the fact that we've just "sprung forward" an hour, you may think what I'm about to say is crazy.

I..... have..... set.... my alarm.... for.....six o'clock. In the morning. Which will feel like five o'clock.

::crickets::

Yes, really.

::crickets::

I'm serious! Okay, anyone who knows me well knows that I loooooove to sleep. However, in order to keep my commitment to Couch to 5K, it's necessary for me to get the workout in before I head to work. Otherwise it may not get done, because F is not feeling well and may not be in school or going to swim lessons. I don't want to count on him going to swim lessons for my workout because if he doesn't, I will have a hard time getting myself on the treadmill when I get home from work. When I do the session when he's in swim lessons, I am re-energized so I am hoping that it will have the same effect at six AM. We'll find out. It may be a big mistake. I may fall asleep feeding S his bottle. Who knows? If the contestants on Biggest Loser can get up at 5:30 in the morning to work out for 2 hours before heading to a full day of work and then work out another 2 hours, I can certainly wake up early and work out for thirty minutes. That's how I'm rationalizing it to myself in order to motivate myself to just DO it.

So, this week is going to be busy...and challenging. The C25K week three consists of: running for 90 seconds, walking for 90 seconds, running for THREE MINUTES, walking for three minutes, and then repeating for a total of 20 minutes. Yesterday when I finished week 2 I decided to see how long I could run during the last running interval and I made it for 2 minutes and 15 seconds. I will not give up. Even if my running looks like I'm doing it in slow motion, I will at least be doing the motion of running. I may go back at the end of the 9 weeks and do the c25K again but increase my running speed each week to get it up to higher than the current 4.8-5 mph. I'm getting ahead of myself... for now, I'm going to go to bed and wake up in 8ish hours to get my workout in for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment