Friday, January 21, 2011

Mexico....again!

My friend Emily and I were having a playdate with our charges and talking yesterday morning. She had graciously brought me a cup of coffee from Starbucks as I was like the walking dead due to an absolutely AWFUL night's sleep. Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I NEVER drink coffee....except in cases of dire circumstance. And staying awake to make sure the kids don't come to grievous harm qualifies.

Anyway, we were talking about how we need to go on vacation, and I said, "What about Mexico? I know a great place...." Before we knew it, the plan was hatched.... and today we booked our airline tickets and made our reservations! The airline was having a GREAT sale on fares to Cancun, and the resort was also offering 40% off their rates. I'm pretty familiar with the resort at this point and know how often they offer deals (which is not often) so we got an incredible deal. It's nice to go with someone and only have to pay my half - Ethan and I are married so there's no half between us.... I'm ELATED that I'm spending 800ish dollars for airfare AND 3 nights at this amazing gourmet all-inclusive resort. And save your breath....I'm not afraid of the drug cartels because I've been there and seen it myself - there's nothing to worry about. My grandparents (in their 70's!) went and rode around on a moped out on the roads. There are more police trucks out and about (yes, trucks, not cars) than police cars here, and NO ONE speeds. Remember: the media sensationalizes things. Sure, there have been murders. Of Mexican citizens that were working for the cartels. There are murders anywhere you go. End of story.

We'll be going from Thursday, April 28th through Sunday May 1st and are soooooo excited. The high will be 85 degrees, and April is one of the best months of the year to visit. We will be staying at the same place Ethan and I spent our 5th anniversary, but we'll be in a room with 2 double beds. I cannot wait to go to paradise again... I normally would never go on an international trip without Ethan but since we've already been there, it's fine with me. I won't be thinking "I wish Ethan could be here with me"...because he's already experienced it! I generally make it my policy not to go anywhere new with friends if he and I haven't been there together already. Obviously, work travel doesn't count.

I have the next two days off of work (sort of, since I'm babysitting a few hours tomorrow night for my Greek family...but that's so much fun I hardly even consider it work...) and I have lots of plans for my weekend! So many, in fact, that I need to get to bed so I have the energy to do them without the assistance of coffee tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment