Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fun weekend....

My weekend has been fun, and I've been super productive. I'm not going to bore people with a long "this is what I did this weekend" blog entry since it wasn't that exciting. I've been spending a lot of time at the YMCA which has been awesome (getting bikini ready for April's Mexico trip!) and just doing things around the house (laundry, grocery shopping, etc.) I did order a new pair of Mizuno running shoes since my current pair is totally worn out. I'm going to start the C25K program over again since it's been awhile since I've run. My goal is to actually RUN in a 5k sometime this spring, maybe in March or April. In 45 minutes or less. I need to find one and just sign up for it so I don't talk about doing it and not actually do it when the time rolls around. 2011 is going to be the year I reach my fitness goals (again). I can feel it in my sore muscles....

Ethan has been very, very, very busy with homework for his Becker CPA prep. Busier than he was when he was in school taking 6 classes and working full-time. This isn't a bad thing...it just means that I'm throwing myself into this gym routine with a passion since it gives me something to do away from the house (so I don't accidentially distract him). It's working out pretty well for us...I am working late on the nights that he is in class, and our weekends are basically the same as they have always been. I'll be happy when he's finished with this CPA prep in July. I should look like a supermodel by then, right? Haha.

I'm also trying to figure out when to go to Charlotte to visit my family...right now it looks like the last weekend of February, but I'm not sure yet. Still trying to ascertain if everyone is going to be in town or not, and if it's a "good" weekend to leave Atlanta. I don't like to be away if my employers are away since I don't want the children with anyone but me. Call it my maternal protective instinct, it's just how it is. I trust my part-time staff, but it's one thing to have them working a few hours each day and entirely another to work 24/7 and overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment