Thursday, April 29, 2010

Single parenthood and stylin'

So, I'm playing single momma to the kids today through Sunday. It's not a big deal... I actually find it much easier to deal with the three munchkins when mom and dad aren't underfoot. We'll just say that I have a way of doing things, and it's pretty efficient. Plus, the kids are on my schedule and everyone stays happy for the most part. Their parents are in Florida for business... this is the third time they have gone away since January, and I'm hoping it's a stress-free weekend for them as I know they're nervous. I'm sure everything will be fine...and even if it's not, I'll handle whatever gets thrown my way.

Not sure what I will do with the kids this weekend... I'm thinking the Zoo, Aquarium, Children's Museum...and definitely a few park visits. Our pool is opening this weekend, but there is no way the water will be warm enough yet for them. Probably by the end of May we can add swimming into our repertoire.

Ethan and I went shopping the other day with our stylist at Nordstrom... she came to work with us to put together looks for our photo shoot...which was cancelled due to thunderstorms all day on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. No worries though, we rescheduled for August. Why August? Well...our photographer is due in a week, and is on maternity leave through the end of July. I didn't want to work with anyone else, and since August is the month of our 5th anniversary, it still works well.

Anyway, Karen's visit (our stylist) was not a total loss as she was able to see Ethan's sad excuse for a wardrobe. The guy can't help it.... 70% of his wardrobe is his uniforms. Anyway, she threw out quite a few of his clothes. I have been working together with her for over a year now, and she is wonderful. Shopping with Karen at Nordstrom is really awesome. When we show up, we have huge dressing rooms with entire outfits grouped together. Shoes, accessories, etc. The works. No browsing around to find things as she (a) knows what we have in our closets at home already and (b) knows our sizes. I don't really have that many pieces that I "need" to add to my wardrobe but I left with a really cool black Elizabeth & James satin jacket and white Joe's Jeans, and Ethan left with a pair of COH jeans and two new long-sleeved collared shirts that I love on him. So exciting. We'll keep visiting her at Nordstrom as she finds things she thinks will work well for us, and buy what we like, etc. No, we're not rich and famous... Karen's services at Nordstrom are completely free. You too can have a personal stylist...just call your local Nordstrom and request an appointment with a personal shopper. We do pay her a small fee to come to our house and do styling/wardrobe editing but hey! It's worth it to me to have outfits that I wouldn't think to put together by someone whose job is to stay current with fashion.

Alrighty....it's 9 PM and time for me to hit the hay. Here's hoping the kiddos all sleep through the night.... but I'm fully aware that Baby S probably won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment